Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Story of a major

Two days had gone by since we took up this mission. We saw no sun, no rain, no storm, and no cold, our mission prioritized on cleaning the complete area and keeping the country free from enemies. Today was as hard as any other day. I had to get inside a hole, which was completely dark. But since I am trained to do this, I managed.
My fellow commanders were out there to make sure no one gets in. Being a major it was up to me to finish the mission.
But I was not keeping well today.  My problem with wheezing kept troubling my breath.  Nevertheless, that did not stop me. As I was approaching it got darker. The weapons I carried were so heavy but I had no complaints because I have been doing this for so long that I almost forgot the weight of it. My foot got quick wrinkles as there was water up to my knee level. My hand was already tired as I had to stretch it the entire way to make sure I hit nothing in the darkness. Tough days make you stronger than any other day. Finally, I reached the hotspot, I sensed the enemies were high and worst than calculated
I had no option but to fight alone. 
The experience I have gained so far made me complete my task quickly. The job was done and the mission was successful. 
I cleared the area quickly leaving nothing behind. I was tired, stinking, and barely able to walk.
Somehow I managed to reach the exit point. And to reach my friends I had to climb, which was the easiest part of all and I had a great relief when I touched the rope. I was almost close to getting out of it. But then, unfortunately the rope got cut and I fell down and collapsed. My heart rate went up and it was so hard to breathe in there. Though my friends tried hard to pull me out, due to lack of proper equipment, my story had come to an end.
My name is Shivanarayanan and I'm a drainage cleaner.
Everyone is good at their jobs, and every job is the same. The problem we have is we don't see that likewise. A man who does his job religiously is a man of respect. There is nothing to be ashamed of our job.
Being classified by our jobs is the most stupid thing ever. 
Doctors get you cured of viruses and bacteria but we prevent you from them, Army men protect the borders but we protect the odors. Everyone is the same don't put us down in the name of jobs. Because no one can s(h)it down if we don't do our jobs.

(Shiva Narayanan's house TV playing in the background. Some random news channel )
Newsreader. (News 1) An army major died in the border trying to protect it. The family members are shattered to hear the news and totally depressed. People are posting his pic captioned "Real Hero" has gone viral
(News 2) Shivanarayanan a drainage cleaner died out of wheezing at work.

Shivanarayanan son. Ma I'm leaving for school.
Mom. Take care son, I'll be back home late from work 
To all the unsung heroes 
                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment