Sunday, July 26, 2020

An Imaginary Interview

                                                              REAL TALKS
Characters - 
Interviewer: Deepthi Iyer
Writer: Daniel Karunanidhi
Place -
Studio

Introduction :
An interview of a blog writer, a CEO of a youtube channel that became recently trending for its controversial content against superstitious belief
                  
              SHOW NAME: REAL TALKS
              PLATFORM: YOUTUBE 
              CHANNEL NAME: TUBE WOODS

Interviewer: Hello people welcome to the show, 
I am Deepthi Iyer and we have Mr Daniel Karunanidhi with us today, or I should say Mr DK who is well known as a blogger, writer, youtube speaker and has also become a recent trend on youtube for his controversial speech against the belief of God
Welcome to the show Mr DK

DK: Well Hi Miss. Deepthi, thank you for having me in your show. Hope you're doing good.

Deepthi Iyer. Yes, I am doing extremely well, thanks for asking. 
As I mentioned already your content, your writings, and your speech does have a great impact on the superstitious belief in God and you took your side against them, so do you believe in God?

Dark. This question is now started to get into my nerves as I keep hearing them a lot from everyone everywhere and my answer to all of them is the same.
I do believe that if there is a creation there must be a creator and we people are considered as one who is a human being so there should be a creator, which is singular. I just don't give credence to things that say or believe in him being in different forms

Deepthi Iyer. Your view on this is upright and I do acclaim that, still you are a Hindu family and I hope you might have grown up seeing things the other way around to your opinion that you have right now. What is your watershed?

Dk. (Dk Sighs) When I was in my adolescence, that's when I started seeing things still I could reminisce the day when I was taken along with my dad to visit his workplace
He worked for a former politician who is very powerful in our area and my father was his driver. People come to my dad addressing him as SIR and respected him a lot to get to the politician for various reasons. At times, even my teachers needed my dad's help, so I was their favourite. My dad is my hero same as all of those boys my age until the day I saw him at his workplace. As soon as he reached his boss's home he never even made him know that he arrived, he started doing his chores cleaning the car, made sure everything is fine, turned the AC on and he had a separate cloth to clean up the back seat of the car where the politician would always sit. He had to wait outside till that politician comes. The startling part here is he was not allowed to get inside the house even once in his entire work time of 10 years now. That day was indelible. I have not stopped thinking of it. Years passed by I decided to find the root cause of the event that I saw which I was not able to undo these many years. That's what made me think likewise

Deepthi Iyer. (Clears throat) Wow ahh.. I've got a politician who treated a driver... Hmm...  I'm sorry your hero the way he does not deserve.

Dk. (interrupts) Nope a human being treats another human being like that.

Deepthi Iyer. Yes. What are the more appropriate words I would say? Okay before I could ask for the name of the politician or the name of the party... I am not seeing a connection between you being against this superstitious thing and your father being treated like that

Dark. Oh yeahyes it is connected. I was in late 17 and still can't pass the things I have seen on that day and many like that happened in these years. Instead of try passing it, I started paying heed to such things as people from our street were not permitted to a certain street the entire street itself and the cook at that politician's house had to come through the back door, he had to cook and leave through the back door. After sometimes I came to know that these are all because of the caste that we belong to. Every one of us is categorized based on employment. But the most devastating part is the untouchability and that starts from the temple. People of the lower caste were not allowed inside the temple. It does all starts with the name of God or God I should say  

Deepthi Iyer. Now I do realize why you have such a strong feeling of opposition. 
In that case, if you have a chance to change one thing in such belief that's happening in the name of God what would you like to change and why?

DK.(exhales) Perhaps this question of yours makes me ambivalent. Yet I am okay with answering it. 
As my mind already had a lot at that age, without answers. I kept thinking of it every time. Suddenly I see things that I haven't perceived all these years, I saw my mom isolating herself from us and everything. My dad was okay about it but I was not able to take it up, he of all the others should know how it feels to be untouchable. Still, it was okay by both of them the reason behind it was so unintelligent (D.K stops abruptly) 

Deepthi Iyer. (Doubtful) And for what reason exactly? 

D.K. ( deep breaths ) Menstruation

Deepthi Iyer. Hmmm Fine. But, usually, this happens in all of our homes. What is it needs to be changed?

Dark. I need the thought of yours and every other likely of yours to change. Those days women were made to work 24/7 with household chores without rest. On these 3 days, their mood swings are hard to control ton and all other things they undergo.
Women were made to stay away from work to get rest for themselves. Their main task on those days wereeeee household work and rituals to their Gods and to keep the place of God neat and that's why they were isolated on those days, just to give them rest.
But what we do is inferior. We say they are unclean, untouchable and discrete. It's not the politicians, the holy people or any others but us who start this untouchability. 
We need to change
If a male is allowed to buy a condom in an open atmosphere for his pleasure, let's have an open mind to let women buy napkins for her stains without anyone looking at them in an uncanny way 

Deepthi Iyer. (dumbstruck) I have to tell you this, that you have got a good proposition and a good heart. 
What do you think is the kind of support you need from the men out there for this?

Dark.  I can say that they will be boys or males until they are mature enough to handle this scenario, which is.
The day he wakes up seeing the bloodstains on his bed beside her and she is still sleeping after the struggle she had gone through because of these irregularities then he decides to take off those blankets and put them in the washing machine, makes some nice ginger tea, tries to prepare breakfast and wake her up with tea served in the bed, wishing her good morning and locking the door of the prayer room for 3 days. Know her dates buy her napkins before she runs out of them. Pack her lunch, pack her bags and make sure you keep the iron tablets in it
And this act will make us as a MAN  

Deepthi Iyer. (takes a deep breath) I.m... Error.... (Clears throat)
Your wife will probably be the luckiest one ever. 
What's that you think or believe will make people do this or accept this?

Dk. Love obviously. 
If you love God. You will know that the almighty will never leave anyone the suffer. And he clearly will not say 'do not touch'  or 'you are unclean' to any of those who are already suffering 
If you love your wife, your mom, your sister anyone for that matter. You will understand what they are going through. There is a lot of difference between care and understanding
In the definition of man, the one who prepares the morning tea is one who cares
But one who buys her napkins understands
The one who packs her bag, lunch etc cares
The one who packs her iron tablet is understood.
Basically. Stay out of the prayer room for 3 days instead of making her stay away from everyone. This is where the untouchability starts 

Deepthi Iyer. Wow. It was indeed a pleasure doing this interview with you looking forward to seeing your words conquer and I wish it should.

Dk. Thanks, Deepthi. Pleasure is mine, I said something in this open forum knowing that it could affect my safety, is that your channel has a good number of followers and my words could reach many people in this way Thank you for that. Thanks, everyone

Deepthi Iyer. Before we could end I always ask this question to all the people I interview and I want them to reply honestly, so I request the same from you.
What did you hate the most in my interview?

Dk. (gasps) Your welcome note Saying your name as Deepthi Iyer 
                                                         Thank you.

20 comments:

  1. Awwsome Buddy.. Keep continue.. 👌🤙

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is lit brother💥🤯kepp rocking🤙🏻and do more like this content🔥👑 tremendous way to go🌠💪🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go D ����

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the most perfect😎 you there is🔥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea maamen weightuuu 🤘🏻😘

    ReplyDelete
  6. The way you narrated was so good awesome !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creativity at its best.. Keep going!! ��������

    ReplyDelete